Sydney Vital Research Development Manager
Sydney Vital is delighted to welcome Anna Renfrew to the team as the new Research Development Manager. Anna has over 12 years experience in developing small molecules for therapy, imaging and drug delivery in cancer research.
Originally from Scotland, Anna worked at the EPFL Switzerland and Insitut Laue Langevin, France before moving to the University of Sydney as an ARC DECRA Fellow at the School of Chemistry. In 2018 she became the Executive Officer of the Drug Discovery Initiative, a University of Sydney centre for enabling early stage drug development research.
Anna is available to provide assistance and guidance across all stages of our member’s research programs including:
- Identifying funding opportunities from cancer research funders, industry and government schemes, and philanthropic bodies
- Providing early advice and strategic planning on funding proposals
- Offering advice on regulations, policies and procedures in relation to the proposed research program
- Providing feedback on draft proposals, reviews and unsuccessful proposals
- Identifying areas for collaboration both internally and with other research centres and institutes
- Coordinating major cross-disciplinary research funding proposals involving multiple teams of researchers
- Facilitating engagement with industry partners
Anna will be working at the Sydney Vital office on Wednesdays and Fridays and is always happy to connect via Zoom or email at [email protected].