Sydney Vital Flagship Program 1 is currently looking to hire a Research Fellow.
About the Opportunity
This Fellowship is co-funded by The Brain Cancer Group (TBCG), based at Royal North Shore and North Shore Private Hospitals. TBCG is focused on improving outcomes for people with brain cancer through patient support, education and research.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified researchers for a Research Fellowship under Sydney Vital Flagship Program 1: Inflammation. The fellowship will be primarily suited to a postdoctoral researcher with experience in an area relating to brain cancer, organoid or co-culture models for cancer research. The position will be based in the Bill Walsh Laboratory, Kolling Institute under the supervision of the Inflammation Flagship Leaders.
The Inflammation in Cancer Flagship seeks to explore four main areas:
- Systemic vs local tumour inflammation
- Seeking prognostic and predictive inflammatory biomarkers
- Treatment-related or induced inflammation
- Amelioration of cancer-related inflammation to improve patient outcomes
This position will establish and characterise mouse and human organoid models of cancer. These model systems will then be used to study how different inflammatory cells influence tumour biology and responses to therapies.
The appointment is expected to be at the University of Sydney Level A Academic, Step 6-8, depending on years of postdoctoral experience.
- Researcher with PhD and experience in organoid culture or a related area such as 3D modelling or stem cell isolation and culture.
- Experience in project management, translational cancer research, stem cell or inflammation research would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated achievement including publications in translational cancer research.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team and interact with the wider hospital community.
For more info about the criteria and the selection process. and to begin your application, please direct to Research Fellowship – Sydney Vital Flagship Program 1: Inflammation
Closing Date: 11:30 pm, Sydney Time, Wednesday 6 March 2019