Sydney Vital Flagship Program 3 is currently looking to hire a Research Fellow.
About the Opportunity
The fellowship will be primarily suited to a postdoctoral researcher with experience in translational cancer research. The position will be based in the laboratory of a researcher who is a member of Sydney Vital. It is expected that the scope of the proposed research project would align with the flagship’s current program which focuses on the improved diagnosis and management of lymph node metastases in particular, but not exclusive, to colorectal cancer in solid tumours.
The appointee will be offered $130,000 for 12 months.
1. Experienced researcher with PhD or equivalent training and experience in translational cancer research.
2. Demonstrated achievement including publications in translational research, particularly in an area relating to nanotechnology.
3. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
4. Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team and interact with the wider hospital community.
5. Ability to work with researchers along the T1-3 spectrum of the translational pipeline
Conditions of the Award
1. It is expected that the fellowship will be taken up no later than 1 July 2019 and will run for 12 months. Any variation from this must be explicitly requested under Section A (v) of the application.
2. The recipient will be required to submit a written report within 1 month of the end of this fellowship and present the findings of their research at a forum to be determined by Sydney Vital. It is a requirement of this funding that this fellowship be acknowledged on all publications and research outputs associated with this award.
The appointment is expected to be in the range of Level A Academic, depending on years of postdoctoral experience, with exact salary and conditions in accordance with the relevant employing organisation.
Submission and Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by email in pdf form to Sydney Vital Administration at [email protected], by Friday 31st May 2019.
Prof Alexander Engel can be contacted by email [email protected] to assist with any queries.
Please click here for more details about the submission.
Applications received after 31st May 2019 will not be accepted.