Activities within the Pillars may include:
• Identifying potential pilot projects which encourage the cross-fertilization of ideas in a multi-disciplinary, multi-site setting and across tumour streams;
• Enhancing collaborations between clinical and pre-clinical researchers;
• Encouraging knowledge exchange and boosting capacity and commitment to collaborative translational research;
• Improving the communication of research findings & new treatment options to patients and the community;
• Increasing recruitment to clinical trials;
• Engaging with primary care, health professionals, governments, and community organizations.
• Determining how support can be provided for such translational cancer research projects.
Genetic Counsellor at Royal North Shore Hospital
Anatomical Pathology training at North Shore Hospital, Concord Hospital and Southern-ILM, obtaining her RCPA Fellowship.
Pathology registrar at Royal North Shore Hospital and a trainee with the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia
A/Prof Alexander Menzies
Cancer Instutute NSW Senior Research Fellow - Medicine, Northern Clinical School